- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
This report has been commissioned in order to identify the sources of student stress, the possible effects of student stress, individual coping strategies that could be implemented and recommend possible institutional interventions
The first 200 words of this essay...
This report has been commissioned in order to identify the sources of student stress, the possible effects of student stress, individual coping strategies that could be implemented and recommend possible institutional interventions that could improve the quality of life of the student's throughout their university experience.
According to Philip Evans (2001), psychological stress has become known as "the great modern disease" and not only has it been labelled as a disease in its own right, it is increasingly assumed to make people more vulnerable to other diseases, both mental and physical.
There are a number of commonly accepted psychological definitions of stress. The first of these definitions regards the external environmental stress as a stressor, for example students in financial difficulty. The second definition regards the response to the stressor as stress or distress, for example the associated feelings of tension with financial hardship. The third definition regards the concept of stress as something that involves biochemical, physiological, behavioural and psychological changes (Ogden, 2003). Perhaps the most commonly used definition of stress was developed by Lazarus and Launier (1978) who regarded stress as a transaction between people, and the environment. Today, it is generally accepted that there is
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Teaching (view all)
- A reflection of my overall experience of the work placement
- This portfolio will help to illustrate and address how the c...
- EXAMINE THE EFFECTIVENESS OF INCLUSIVE EDUCATION FOR THE 5- ...
- This study sets out to investigate the evolving educational ...
- The following is a fictitious case study which has been adap...
""Oliver Baldesare. National Sports Diploma. BTEC Student.
""Salma Ahmed. Law and English. GCSE Student.