- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
What affects how parachutes fall?
- Essay length: 2183 words
- Submitted: 06/10/2009
The first 200 words of this essay...
'What affects how parachutes fall?'
An analytic and reflective account of a primary science investigation
designed and carried out by the trainee.
There are many aspects of a parachute, and scientific theories which may have an impact upon how a parachute falls. The choice as to what aspect to investigate can depend upon many factors such as the practicalities and constraints of the experiment environment.
I took the decision with my group to investigate whether the size of a parachutes canopy affects the time it takes to fall. This experiment, "Does the size of a parachute canopy affect the time it takes to fall?" is suitable as it can be easily conducted in the environment which we are to work. There are time limitations, and height limitations that had to be considered when choosing our investigation. Conducting and analysing this experiment, covers numerous sections of the National Curriculum. The DfEE (1999, p.83-84, 88) states that SC1, Scientific Enquiry, and also Forces and Motion should be taught at Key Stage Two. This investigation relates to the entire Sc1, 'Scientific enquiry', Sc4 - 2b, "gravitational attraction" and Sc4 - 2c, "friction, including air resistance."
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Teaching (view all)
- A Reflective Practice Assignment Demonstrating Personal and ...
- Inclusion and Special Educational Needs
- A reflection of my overall experience of the work placement
- Schools as Organisations. Summarise entitlement and provisio...
- Leadership and Management in Early Years Education.
- Compare your school Ofsted Report to the Steer Report of the...
- Should all school students be encouraged to go to university...
- Teaching and the Law. Summarize the key aspects and current ...
- Outline the similarities and differences between the notions...
- I am currently working as a nursery nurse (practitioner) in ...
""Shailan, Leicester. A Level Student. Very useful for Biology and Chemistry, also great help in Econo
""Nikolay. Business Studies. BTEC Student.