- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Will be discussing and reflecting within my own practice, outlining verbal and non-verbal communication, the characteristics of an effective learning environment, how to encourage autonomy and independent learning, positive reinforcement
- Essay length: 3300 words
- Submitted: 20/06/2006
The first 200 words of this essay...
Communication is a basic human right and is the mean's, through which we control our existence, make friends, build relationships, become independent, make choices and is the way we learn (Gray et al 2005). Therefore, communication is extremely important in all aspects of life, but especially within the teaching and learning environment. Reece and Walker (2003) cited that 'Communication is essentially about one person who sends a message which is received by a second person; however some form of channel, or means of communication is needed'. The manner in which a teacher portrays him or herself to students and how students perceive that teacher, is critical in developing a healthy atmosphere of learning (Huddleston et al, 2003). We as teachers all want to communicate in a style, which our student's will feel beneficial, but how do we identify the 'good' and 'bad' aspects of our role as communicators?
The aim of this assignment, is to discuss and evaluate the way in which I the writer, communicates with my student's and in doing so, will be discussing and reflecting within my own practice, outlining verbal and non-verbal communication, the characteristics of an effective learning environment, how to encourage
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Teaching (view all)
- Leadership and Management in Early Years Education.
- The humanities subjects all play an important role in the ov...
- Review a range of different assessment methods available and...
- In What Way Has Modern Day Living Contributed To Obesity In ...
- Enabling Effective Inclusion. This school development plan ...
""Sabrina, Washington. IB English, History, Chemistry, Anthropology.
""Oliver Baldesare. National Sports Diploma. BTEC Student.