- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Investigate the elastic behaviour in a spring placed under a positive load (tension) and to calculate it's Spring Response.
The first 200 words of this essay...
ELASTIC BEHAVIOUR IN SPRINGS (2)
To investigate the elastic behaviour in a spring placed under a positive load (tension) and to calculate it's Spring Response.
Micrometer screw gauge
Lloyd's Tensile machine
A Tension spring was taken and a micrometer screw gauge was used to measure the wire diameter and the coil diameter. These readings were recorded and the number of coils in the spring was also noted.
The spring was then placed in a Lloyd's Tensile machine and extended by 5mm increments. The corresponding load values were noted. The experimental process was repeated until the extension reached 30mm. The extension was then reduced in 5mm stages back down to 0. At each interval the load values were recorded. The findings were tabulated and a graph was plotted for load vs extension.
Number of coils = 18
Wire diameter = 0.0034 m
Coil diameter = 0.044 m
Table 1 Extension Spring results
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Engineering (view all)
- Trifilar Suspension Lab experiment
- Osbourne Reynolds Apparatus Experiment
- Atomic absorption spectroscopy. In this experiment, the char...
- Extrusion. The aim of this experiment was to examine the eff...
- Vibration Fault kit. Misalignment is a common cause of machi...
""Simon. Politics and International Relations. University Student.
""Sabreena, England. A Level Student. Biology and Chemistry.