- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Manufacturing processes for bicycle frame and golf club
The first 200 words of this essay...
University of Edinburgh
Manufacturing Technology 3
Almost every item we use in our everyday life has been manufactured in some way using a series of different techniques. The task set out in this assignment is to look at two everyday objects and discuss the ways in which they have been manufactured and what materials have been used and why these specific manufacturing techniques and materials have been used. We also have to look at other possible techniques and materials that could have been utilized instead and what effect this would have had on the final product.
The two objects that I have decided to investigate are the bicycle frame and the golf club. I have chosen to investigate these two items due to their similarity in materials and manufacturing processes but also their diversity as I will demonstrate in the rest of the report. First I will look at the bicycle frame then the golf club and then finishing with a short conclusion and comparison of the two different objects.
2. BICYLE FRAME
The concept of the bicycle was
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Engineering (view all)
- Members of the design team and their job roles in a construc...
- Car Bumper Design - materials and specifications.
- Project cost management entails four major processes, which ...
- Statics - Tensile Test
- A suitable manufacturing process and route for producing rai...
""George Boustred English, Maths, Science, Resistant Materials, History, Music. GCSE Student
""Ruth, British Virgin Islands. University Student. Constitutional and Administrative Law.