- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Steel Reinforcement Tension Test
- Essay length: 3012 words
- Submitted: 30/11/2008
The first 200 words of this essay...
Steel Reinforcement Tension Test can be conducted in two experiment session:
* Two deformed grade 460 high yield steel bars
* Two plain round grade 250 mild steel bars
Both steel bars conform to the relevant requirements of BS 4449:1988; have a nominal diameter of 20 mm, and a length of approximately 800 mm.
* Practice tension testing of steel bars as reinforcement for concrete according to Hong Kong current standards.
* Determine geometrical and mechanical properties of steel reinforcements including nominal cross-sectional area, yield stress, tensile strength, nominal stress at fracture, and elongation over gauge length, reduction of cross-sectional area at necking section, and modulus of elasticity.
* Check compliancy of the determined properties of the steel reinforcements with relevant Hong Kong standards.
1. Testing machine equipped with an extensometer with a plotter for drawing load-extension curve (fig. 1)
2. straight edge (fig. 2)
3. A caliper (fig. 3)
4. A metal saw for making marks on the specimens (fig. 4)
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Engineering (view all)
- Members of the design team and their job roles in a construc...
- Trifilar Suspension Lab experiment
- Bernoulli's Theorem Distribution Experiment
- Process Control
- critically assess porter's contribution to strategic thinkin...
""Dean Hil. l Media, Business, ICT, History and Sciences. University Student.
""Telim Dars. Chemistry, Physics and English Literature. A Level Student.