- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
There are two main forms of High Voltage electrical systems mainly used for commercial purposes to supply high-rise buildings and industries; they are High Voltage Direct Current (HVDC) and High Voltage Alternating Current (HV-ac).
The first 200 words of this essay...
HIGH VOLTAGE ELECTRICAL POWER SYSTEMS
An Electrical power system is a system of electrical parts used to supply, pass on and utilize electric power. These power systems are used to supply power to industries and homes. Grid is the system that supplies power to these regions, homes and industries and it's divided into three broad parts; the generators that supply the power; transmission system that takes the power from the producing areas to the load areas and the distribution system that provide the power to homes and the industries. Electricity grid systems join several generators and number of phases. This paper presents an analysis of High Voltage Electrical Power Systems.
There are two main forms of High Voltage electrical systems mainly used for commercial purposes to supply high-rise buildings and industries; they are High Voltage Direct Current (HVDC) and High Voltage Alternating Current (HV-ac). HVDC is best preferred for transmission and because it has less electric losses and is capable of transmitting high power levels over long distances. On the other hand, HV-ac is preferred for application in industries because of safety and generation of rotary motion as in motors and
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Engineering (view all)
- Members of the design team and their job roles in a construc...
- In this assignment I will be identifying and explaining the ...
- Risk Assessment & Safe Systesm Of Work
- Accounting information system
- Electrical circuits. This assignment involved carrying out 5...
""Gemma Haysman. Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Maths. GCSE Student.
""Natalie. Criminology, Politics, Psychology and Economics. University Student.