- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
The first 200 words of this essay...
M3 Vibrating Beam
The aim of this experiment was to determine the response of a spring-mass-dashpot system to a disturbance and investigate the phenomena associated with the vibration of a beam.
Moments about pivot neglecting mass of beam
Mx1L1 + Cx3L3 + Kx3L3 =0
Including mass of the beam
(I/ (L1) ^2 + M) x1L1 + Cx3L3 +Kx3L3 =0
To find I the inertia of the beam
I = (m (L^2))/3
Where for the above
M=mass of weight
X1=amplitude of oscillation
X3= amplitude of oscillation
L1= length from the mass
L2= length from the mass
L3= length from the mass
m= mass of beam
I=moment of the beam about its pivot
Taking x1/L1 = x2/L2 = x3/L3
Gives the equations
X1+X2 [CL3^2/(ML1^2+I)] + X1[kL3^2/(ML1^2+I)] = 0
X1+ 2PwnX1 + wn^2 X1 = 0
Wn= natural frequency
P= the damping ratio
A displacement of the beam is monitored from a point L2 from
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Engineering (view all)
- Trifilar Suspension Lab experiment
- Extrusion. The aim of this experiment was to examine the eff...
- Members of the design team and their job roles in a construc...
- Atomic absorption spectroscopy. In this experiment, the char...
- Project cost management entails four major processes, which ...
""Jackie Shanahan. Maths. A Level Student.
""Telim Dars. Chemistry, Physics and English Literature. A Level Student.