- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
The first 200 words of this essay...
M3 Vibrating Beam
The aim of this experiment was to determine the response of a spring-mass-dashpot system to a disturbance and investigate the phenomena associated with the vibration of a beam.
Moments about pivot neglecting mass of beam
Mx1L1 + Cx3L3 + Kx3L3 =0
Including mass of the beam
(I/ (L1) ^2 + M) x1L1 + Cx3L3 +Kx3L3 =0
To find I the inertia of the beam
I = (m (L^2))/3
Where for the above
M=mass of weight
X1=amplitude of oscillation
X3= amplitude of oscillation
L1= length from the mass
L2= length from the mass
L3= length from the mass
m= mass of beam
I=moment of the beam about its pivot
Taking x1/L1 = x2/L2 = x3/L3
Gives the equations
X1+X2 [CL3^2/(ML1^2+I)] + X1[kL3^2/(ML1^2+I)] = 0
X1+ 2PwnX1 + wn^2 X1 = 0
Wn= natural frequency
P= the damping ratio
A displacement of the beam is monitored from a point L2 from the
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Engineering (view all)
- Car Bumper Design - materials and specifications.
- In this assignment I will be identifying and explaining the ...
- Members of the design team and their job roles in a construc...
- Project management
- human comfort factors
""George Boustred English, Maths, Science, Resistant Materials, History, Music. GCSE Student
""Oliver Baldesare. National Sports Diploma. BTEC Student.