- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Vibration isolation is one of the methods by which engineers combat the problem of harmonic resonance. It is the purpose of this lab to investigate how the resultant force of vibrations acting in a mechanical device may vary
The first 200 words of this essay...
Dynamics & Control
Experimental Work: 5
Discussions & Conclusions 7
Vibration isolation is one of the methods by which engineers combat the problem of harmonic resonance. It is the purpose of this lab to investigate how the resultant force of vibrations acting in a mechanical device may vary according to the frequency of oscillation that the device is subjected to, and how this relates to the natural frequency of the device.
Harmonic Resonance is the condition under which a mechanical device or structure is subjected to vibratory oscillations, the frequency of which, match the natural frequency of the device or structure. Under such conditions extreme amplitudes of vibration may be achieved and in some circumstances the structure may literally be shaken or shake itself to pieces.
Vibrations of relevance are categorised into three main types; Free or natural vibrations, forced vibrations and self-excited vibrations.
Free or natural vibrations are a
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Engineering (view all)
- Fatty Ethanolamide
- Using MASTAN2 to investigate the effect of applied forces on...
- Linear measurment. The objective of this fieldwork is to co...
- The objective of this experiment was to determine the compre...
- Civil Engineering Technology Assignment
""Shailan, Leicester. A Level Student. Very useful for Biology and Chemistry, also great help in Econo
""Sabrina, Washington. IB English, History, Chemistry, Anthropology.