- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Analyse the poem, "A Work of Artifice", using strategies/tools of feminist criticism.
Are you in the right place?
Jump to Modern Foreign Languages and see how teachers think you should prepare in:
The first 200 words of this essay...
A Work of Artifice by Marge Piercy
The bonsai tree
in the attractive pot
could have grown eighty feet tall
on the side of a mountain
till split by lightning. 5
But a gardener
carefully pruned it.
It is nine inches high.
Every day as he
whittles back the branches 10
the gardener croons,
It is your nature
to be small and cozy,
domestic and weak;
how lucky, little tree, 15
to have a pot to grow in.
With living creatures
one must begin very early
to dwarf their growth:
the bound feet, 20
the crippled brain,
the hair in curlers,
the hands you
love to touch.
Analyse the poem provided using strategies/tools of feminist criticism.
Feminist criticism, by definition, deals with a criticism which advocates equal rights for women in a political, economic, social, psychological, personal, and aesthetic sense. In general, feminist critics have focused on the growing inequalities which continue to exist between males and females. Some feminists have emphasized on male violence and
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Other Languages (view all)
- Mending Wall
- a close shave
- animal farm
- Betekenis van stofwisseling.
- Define the grammatical function hierarchy, and discuss any e...
- Hoe zorgen economies of scope in de productieafdeling van Co...
- Mitologia indyjska- rozwj panteonu bstw oraz wierze indyjsk...
- Security Pattern In Asia Pacific. Pada variable security pa...
- Trkiyede Mzeciliin Modernleme ve Kurumsallama Srecinde stan...
- Jeg vil i denne opgave forsge at analysere og fortolke Herma...
""Waseem Hussain. Biology, Maths, Chemistry, ICT A Level Student.
""Salma Ahmed. Law and English. GCSE Student.