- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Book report James half brother of Jesus.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Half Brother of Jesus.
NEW TESTAMENT AND MINISTRY
BOOK REPORT 4
27th March 2001
Book Report 4. The Book of James. Name: Mark Wilson.
James is seen to be the most practical and interesting books of the New Testament. My previous book report on Romans, Paul's message expounded salvation by faith, where James expresses this faith in the way the Christian should live his life. To the Reformers of the Reformation, they saw this as coming dangerously close to a works-based salvation, (Richards 1994:573). "But be ye doers of the Word, and not hearers only" (James 1:22, KJV).
Nelson accepts the view of most scholars that James the half brother of Jesus is the author, as the epistle is somewhat similar to a speech in Acts 15 by James the half brother of Jesus, (Nelsons 1996:453). Richards also subscribes the authorship to James the half brother of Jesus. He goes on to say that James was a prominent leader of the Jerusalem church, a position confirmed by the Apostle Paul in Gal 2:9. He earnt the nickname of 'the just'
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
1600-1699 (view all)
- "Assimilation and its successor, Association, were euph...
- Absolutism - How did Louis XIV establish himself an absoluti...
- Why did the constitutional monarchy fail?
- The Significance of the Storming of the Bastille Fortress.
- Examine the role that the financial crisis played in the out...
- In arguing for the Copernican system Galileo demonstrated he...
- Salem, Spectral Evidence and Recovered Memory Syndrome
- Alexandre de Rhodes and the Vietnamese culture
- Economics in 17th Century New England
- How far was the English civil war a result of rule over mult...
""Salma Ahmed. Law and English. GCSE Student.
""Nikolay. Business Studies. BTEC Student.