- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Causes of French Revolution essay plan
The first 200 words of this essay...
Causes of the French Revolution
Uprising which brought the regime of King Louis XVI to an end.
Economic (espec. fiscal) difficulties -though one of the richest/ most powerful nations - only in England and Netherlands ppl had more freedom (less arbitrary punishment)
Louis called the Estates-General of 1789, he was gen popular, though nobility and his ministers weren't.
Regime brought down by its own rigidity, in a world that was vastly changing - with the ambitions of the bourgeoisie being partly responsible. Allied with ppl from all classes who were influenced by idea of enlightenment.
Revolution proceeded - power was devolved from the monarchy - power to legislative bodies. The conflicting interests of these previously allied groups then became the source of conflict/bloodshed.
Unmanageable national debt
Resentment of royal absolutism
The rise of Enlightenment ideals
Food scarcity in the months leading up to the revolution
High unemployment and high bread prices - ppl unable to buy food.
Resentment of noble privileges and their dominance in public life by professional classes.
Failure of Louis XVI to deal effectively with problems.
France 1789 - absolute monarchy ( if
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
1600-1699 (view all)
- What were the relative effects of the counter-revolution and...
- The Significance of the Storming of the Bastille Fortress.
- Causes of the French Revolution
- "Assimilation and its successor, Association, were euph...
- Six inventions of the Industrial Revolution.
- In arguing for the Copernican system Galileo demonstrated he...
- Salem, Spectral Evidence and Recovered Memory Syndrome
- Alexandre de Rhodes and the Vietnamese culture
- Economics in 17th Century New England
- How far was the English civil war a result of rule over mult...
""George Boustred English, Maths, Science, Resistant Materials, History, Music. GCSE Student
""Yvette Agars. Senior History Teacher. Saint John's College. Whyalla S.A.