- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Christian Beliefs About The Trinity and Creation
The first 200 words of this essay...
The Scrripture makes it clear that there is only one God. "I am the Lord and there is no other; there is no God besides me"(Isa 45:5). There are many other references that could be given about the oneness of God like the verses found in Isaiah 46:9; 1 Corinthians 8:5-6; and Galatians 4:8-9.
Having started by highlighting that there is only one God, we now see that the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit all have divine attributes. All three Persons are called God, all three Persons are the Creator, and all three Persons are eternal.
One could go on and on listing divine characteristics of the Trinity. All three have the Attributes of God, yet there is only one God. The only way we can reconcile these facts is to understand the concept of the Trinity---one God, three Persons. It is also clear from the analysis that the doctrine os the Trinity is not something gathered from just one verse out of context, the concept is derived by examining scripture as a whole. This makes it a very certain and scriptural doctrine.
Beliefs About The Trinity-and-creation
The Christian understanding of God is monotheistic, in
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Christianity (view all)
- Identify the distinctive content of Luke's gospel and discus...
- 'Accepting the resurrection is not the most important belief...
- Compare the strengths and weaknesses of two texts relating t...
- Discuss the historicity of the bodily resurrection of Jesus
- One of the oldest and most unsettled theological debates is ...
""Nikolay. Business Studies. BTEC Student.
""Natalie. Criminology, Politics, Psychology and Economics. University Student.