- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Failure of the Munich Putsch
The first 200 words of this essay...
Study sources 2, 4 and 5. Use your own knowledge.
Do you agree with the view that the Munich Putsch failed?
I believe that there are many different factors and contribution of events that led to the failure of the Munich Putsch.
Source 2 is an official report from the committee enquiry. It tells the list of the events building up to the failure of the Munich putsch. It states in source 2 that "a national socialist fired a pistol at a police officer from close quarters. The shot went past his head and killed sergeant Hollweg standing behind him". This sparked the mass killing of 14 Nazi representatives and a gun fight enraged. Source 2 contains the events of the Munich putsch, in relation to the question I agree with source 2 that the Munich putsch failed. However in, February 1924, in Hitler's judicial court room he saw this as an opportunity to expound his views and beliefs and to attack the Weimar republic. I feel that source 2 is accurately written in context with all the other sources. In a sense, Source 2 agrees that the Munich putsch was a failure. However,
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
1920-1949 (view all)
- Book Review - Fascism and the Right in Europe
- Can anyone claim to be the owner of "truth" in the...
- To what extent was Stalin's foreign policy after 1945 aimed ...
- World War II: Whose Fault?
- The Cold War was the result of an exaggerated fear of Soviet...
""Kim. Nursing, Mental Health, Psychology. University Student.
""Nikolay. Business Studies. BTEC Student.