- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
'If evil occurs, is it any more difficult to explain if God exists than if Gods does not exist?'
The first 200 words of this essay...
'IF EVIL OCCURS, IS IT ANY MORE DIFFICULT
TO EXPLAIN IF GOD EXISTS THAN IF GOD
DOES NOT EXIST?'
ADEEBA NASEEM (LAW LL.B.. 3YR)
PHILOSOPHY MODULE: THE GOD QUESTION
WORD COUNT: 2265
In a world of great suffering and distress our beliefs are very important to us. Many of us choose to turn to God to help us cope and guide us, and some simply choose not to. But here are some that deny the existence of a God, pointing to the very same suffering as evidence which refutes the possibility of the existence of God. This argument between theists and Atheists is years old.
I intend to look at this argument in further detail and find which side of the argument is more difficult to explain and sustain. This is the structure in which I hope to attempt it:
* Assess the existence of the phenomena evil.
* Evaluate the attributes of the theistic God in the order of; Omnipotence, Benevolence and Omniscience, considering both theist and atheist arguments in relation to these.
* Concluding comments and thoughts.
DOES EVIL EXIST?
'Evil exists in
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Philosophy and Theology (view all)
- Compare and contrast rationalist and empiricist approaches t...
- The Origin Of The Werewolf Legend
- Coleridge, Nature and God
- God Of Small Things - Significance of the title.
- John Milton, Sonnet XIX: On His Blindness.
- The Influence of Philosophy in the Roman Empire - A.W.
- A being is omnipotent if and only if it has every power that...
- What is the mind body problem? Provide details of some respo...
- Morality is the refuge of the weak. Discuss with reference t...
- The one true substance in the world it is God. How far do yo...
""Telim Dars. Chemistry, Physics and English Literature. A Level Student.
""Sabrina, Washington. IB English, History, Chemistry, Anthropology.