- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
In Fritz Fischer's Germany's Aims in the First World War it is evident that the blame is being laid almost entirely onto Germany. Not only however is Fischer laying the blame onto Germany, he is also through his writings making it clear
The first 200 words of this essay...
The question of Germany's war guilt in the First World War is one that has been debated over for decades. Situations have been analyzed, and various documents have been examined. From these vigorous studies resulted virtually hundreds of articles dealing with the issues of Germany's war guilt, each with its own twist, approach, and ultimately the inevitable bias. History is an interpretation of selected facts, and no matter how hard one tries, it is practically impossible to eliminate this selectivity. In addition to this 'selection' of facts or evidences, we witness the act of interpretation in which a single passage can be taken and given two totally different meanings by two separate historians. With this in mind, it becomes clear why we are constantly bombarded with contrasting ideas and theories. In this paper, I will deal with this issue precisely. I will be looking at three historians, each writing on the topic of Germany's war guilt in World War One. I will analyze the direct contrast between the articles of Fritz Fischer and Gerhard Ritter, while demonstrating how Konrad Jarausch's article serves as a mediator between the two.
In Fritz Fischer's Germany's Aims in the First World
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
1900-1919 (view all)
- Explain the different aims of the three leaders, Clemenceau,...
- Origins of the First World War
- Evaluate the differences between historians and their interp...
- Change and adaption in Sub-Saharan Africa 1880-2000. What ar...
- Historical Investigation Woodrow WIlson
- WW1 Research Paper - The Actual Impact of Chemical Warfare i...
- Sir Arthur William Currie - this paper will attempt to prove...
- The purpose of this essay is to analyze the causes of the Bo...
- Why History Matters
- West End Commercial Development and the Need to Redefine Ge...
""Waseem Hussain. Biology, Maths, Chemistry, ICT A Level Student.
""George Boustred English, Maths, Science, Resistant Materials, History, Music. GCSE Student