- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
The first 200 words of this essay...
When the media attempts to portray a person or event to the public, the absolute truth is never completely achieved. The way people think about themselves is never exactly how the media will portray their image. Take for example, Harry Truman's decision to drop the Atomic Bomb. One knows that the citizens of Japan have a very different interpretation of Harry Truman than he does of himself. The same effect was born once again when terrorists attacked the World Trade Center. The medias interpretation differs significantly from the thoughts of Bin Laden himself. The American media has portrayed Osama Bin Laden as evil, irrational, and weak. To the American people he has become a heartless coward, achieving the title of "Most Hated Man". The reasoning behind their feelings comes from the terrorist acts Bin Laden is accused of as well as his cowardly approach of denying his actions. When Bin Laden interprets himself, he sees power, vengeance, and holyness. He believes that any place he calls home is the "Holy Land", and that the mission of his followers is to take action against all Americans for what they have done in the past. While one will
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Philosophy and Theology (view all)
- Waiting for Godot - Meaningless of Life
- God Of Small Things - Significance of the title.
- Explain as clearly as you can Isaiah Berlin's distinction be...
- 'Dr. Faustus is a morality play without a moral.' Discuss.Le...
- What is Descartes' "Cogito", and what, if anything...
- The Influence of Philosophy in the Roman Empire - A.W.
- A being is omnipotent if and only if it has every power that...
- What is the mind body problem? Provide details of some respo...
- Morality is the refuge of the weak. Discuss with reference t...
- The one true substance in the world it is God. How far do yo...
""Gemma Haysman. Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Maths. GCSE Student.
""Salma Ahmed. Law and English. GCSE Student.