- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Pakistan Seen As A "Rogue State".
The first 200 words of this essay...
Thesis Paper #2
Pakistan Seen As A "Rogue State"
Pakistan, over the last three decades, has demonstrated on several occurrences how their actions and policies have earned them the "Rogue State" title. They have shown in ways of supporting terrorists' organizations such as the Taliban and terrorists in the Kashmir war and also their Nuclear program starting back as early as 1989. There are three behaviors that clearly dominate the attention of American policymakers when they consider the actions of rogue states: their alleged pursuit of weapons of mass destruction (WMD) and the means to deliver them, alleged support of terrorism, and the perceived threat such states pose to their neighbors and the world at large, including the United States. The first two actions are what Robert Litwak described as his avenues to the rogue state designation. Through several administrations and policymakers, Pakistan has been labeled back and forth from rogue state to a country protecting its own policies.
Pakistani state-sponsorship of insurgencies and terrorism against the Government of India dates back to 1957. Initially, this was confined to support for the Naga and Mizo insurgencies. Then it was extended
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
1950-1999 (view all)
- What are the major factors that led to the end of the cold w...
- "Khrushchev's leadership was a failure," Do you ag...
- Explain the origins of the Cold War.
- A look at the Origin, Stigma/Discrimination and Government I...
- Clarify the nature of 'terror' - Explain its role and assess...
- Discuss how and why British culture changed so dramatically ...
- Konrad Adeneur. Adenauer understood that rearmament was an ...
- Analysis of Jean Hatzfeld's novel, The Antelope's Strategy: ...
- Assess the success and failures of Thatcherism.
- Critically evaluate the revisionist position that it was the...
""Natalie. Criminology, Politics, Psychology and Economics. University Student.
""Zoia, London. GCSE Student. 'English, Science, RE, Geography, History.'