- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
The Diary of Joseph Plumb Martin. Many historians regard the diary of Joseph Plumb Martin as one of the greatest primary sources of the American Revolutionary War.
Are you in the right place?
Jump to History and see how teachers think you should prepare in:
The first 200 words of this essay...
October 24, 2011
War has been an unfortunate yet reoccurring theme throughout human history. Its effects have been felt across the world by countless numbers of unfortunate people subjected to the immeasurable amounts of pain, devastation, and suffering resulting from war. Though there are many possible causes, reasons, and excuses behind declarations of war, it has always symbolized the official and ultimate decision to declare a group of people as enemies. History has taught us the risks and devastating effects that war has the potential to cause. Therefore, many people attempt to avoid war at all costs. Despite these attempts aimed towards avoiding war, sometimes conflict is unavoidable. Usually, when conflict arises between two groups of people, the two groups first attempt to resolve their problems in a diplomatic and acceptable fashion. However, if the problem is unable to be resolved diplomatically, the final option to settle a dispute may be to declare war. The side that is victorious in war attains the right to dictate a resolution on their own terms. Aside from the new terms dictated by the victors, another common result of war is that it
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
1700-1799 (view all)
- Was the industrial Revolution a good thing?
- Why did the Industrial Revolution Occur in Britain First?
- Why did the first Industrial Revolution take place in Britai...
- Were The Causes Of The French Revolution Mainly Short Term?
- Why did Tsar Nicholas II Abdicate in 1917?
- 'Divergence or Convergence?' Were the British American colon...
- The belief among select authorities has been that the primar...
- To What Extent was Coal a Cause of the 18th Century Industri...
- Bridging Faith and Scripture through J.S. Bach cantatas. Ba...
- How was crime kept within tolerable bounds in England in the...
""John Plowright. Teacher. Repton School. Derbyshire.
""Dean Hil. l Media, Business, ICT, History and Sciences. University Student.