- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
The growth of America's industrialisation was considered the 'gilded age'.
The first 200 words of this essay...
The growth of America's industrialisation was considered the 'gilded age'. In comparison to Britain whose industrial revolution had spanned 100 years, America's rapid transition had taken less than half the time.1 The late 19th century was dominated by a few prominent figures who were regarded as 'captains of industry' - millionaires at the helm of industry and business. This paper will examine whether the growth and success of the industrialisation was attributable to them by considering the success of industrialisation. Secondly, the focus will be on three prominent figures, these being John D. Rockefeller, Andrew Carnegie and J. P. Morgan. By examining their contributions and the conditions which supported them, it can be established as to whether they were responsible for the growth and success of industrialisation. Other aspects to consider include the progress of the railroads, availability of natural resources and the industrial workforce. Finally, the use of new technological advances and marketing techniques will be assessed to determine their impact on the industrialisation process.
When measuring the success of America's industrialisation in urban terms, the emergence of cities in 1880 was concentrated in the northeastern side of the country until the advance of the railroads. Agricultural industries
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
1700-1799 (view all)
- Was the French revolution a Bourgeoisie revolution?
- Why do Historians tend to disagree so much?
- Were The Causes Of The French Revolution Mainly Short Term?
- The Heads of a Plan document is a key primary source in dete...
- Trotsky's autobiography, My Life. An Attempt at an Autobiogr...
- 'Divergence or Convergence?' Were the British American colon...
- The belief among select authorities has been that the primar...
- To What Extent was Coal a Cause of the 18th Century Industri...
- Bridging Faith and Scripture through J.S. Bach cantatas. Ba...
- How was crime kept within tolerable bounds in England in the...
""Simon. Politics and International Relations. University Student.
""Chris Mckellar. Media Studies, IT, English. A Level Student.