- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
The first 200 words of this essay...
Rumman Sikdar RE Coursework Draft Holocaust IM
b) The Holocaust is not an entirely unique event in Jewish history in my opinion. This is because I feel that many other events in Jewish history were similar to the Holocaust but were at a smaller scale in comparison to the Nazi's extermination policy.
In the 13th Century BCE the Jews were enslaved in Egypt and pharaoh Seti I murdered first-born Jews. The Egyptians wanted to extend their territory and influence so they captured and enslaved the Jews. Male Jews were murdered to control the number of Jews in the country; Jews were considered a threat to national security as they were in Nazi Germany. Unlike the Nazis though, the Egyptians didn't single out the Jews from all other groups but treated them all as defeated enemies.
In the 8th Century BCE, Babylonian Jews were exiled from Babylon when their land was taken over. Again they were treated as a defeated enemy and not targeted because of their ethnic group.
In the 2nd Century BCE, Jews were made to conform to Grecian ideals as the Greeks forced their culture and practises on the Jews. They even had
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
1920-1949 (view all)
- Why did the Labour Party win the General Election of 1945?
- "Nothing can be more misleading than to apply such a co...
- Critically Assess Jinnah's view that India was made of two n...
- "How did Operation Barbarossa and the Japanese attack o...
- What were Mussolini's foreign policy aims between 1922 and 1...
""Gemma Haysman. Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Maths. GCSE Student.
""Zoia, London. GCSE Student. 'English, Science, RE, Geography, History.'