- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
"The journey, not the arrival matters" Frankenstein and On Giants' Shoulders
The first 200 words of this essay...
"The journey, not the arrival matters"
Journey is a multilayered process which is inevitable in ones lifetime. Whilst journeys can be inner or physical it is our imagination that enables us to escape into new worlds and visualise new possibilities. These imaginative journeys occur in the realm of the mind where fantasy is created and reality is considered. The human capacity to dream and transcend actual existence often opens amazing possibilities. It is through imagination, speculation and inspiration that the exploration of new worlds, possibilities and human potential is achieved. In their own ways imaginative journeys often have a connection with our lives and the practical world. In some cases journeys are even used as parallels to reality and to comment on social and human traits. However in all texts, one element prevails; that is that the journey is of greater significance than the arrival.
It is those journeys that transcend reality, inspire an intellectual quest, challenge previously held conceptions and comment on society that are explored in texts such as Melvyn Bragg's On Giant's Shoulders, The Jaguar by Ted Hughes, Frankenstein by Mary Shelley and Journeys Over Land and Sea from the Smithsonian Libraries Exhibition. In all
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Philosophy and Theology (view all)
- The Celebration of Eid-ul-Fitr - The recurring festival.
- Describe the mental and emotional experience of loss and gri...
- "Heaven and Hell are concepts without philosophical fou...
- Nonmoral Nature
- What is distinctive about the Existential approach to workin...
- The Influence of Philosophy in the Roman Empire - A.W.
- A being is omnipotent if and only if it has every power that...
- What is the mind body problem? Provide details of some respo...
- Morality is the refuge of the weak. Discuss with reference t...
- The one true substance in the world it is God. How far do yo...
""Zoey. University Student.
""George Boustred English, Maths, Science, Resistant Materials, History, Music. GCSE Student