- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
The Sumerian Lifestyle and Their Contributions to the Modern World.
The first 200 words of this essay...
The Sumerian Lifestyle and Their Contributions to the Modern World
By Saad Aqil
The world without its greatest invention-the wheel-is a world that does not exist. Imagine what it would be like if such an important invention as the wheel did not come into being? Or, just think how it would be if the concept of writing had not been introduced? I believe that such integral inventions make much of our lives today. The Sumerian civilization was not just a civilization, but also a foundation for many civilizations that followed, which adopted and implemented many of its developments and inventions. What I find ironic is that being one of the first civilizations ever, "having existed from 4000 BC to 2000 BC"1, it was also the innovative catalyst that first introduced certain inventions, such as those mentioned above, that are used in the everyday life of almost every human being today.
"It was one that had to struggle for its existence owing to the many floods that often overwhelmed the city of Sumer, which was located between the Tigris River and Euphrates River. However, regardless, life did not cease to exist owing to these deluges for they
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Philosophy and Theology (view all)
- Waiting for Godot - Meaningless of Life
- God Of Small Things - Significance of the title.
- Explain as clearly as you can Isaiah Berlin's distinction be...
- 'Dr. Faustus is a morality play without a moral.' Discuss.Le...
- Explanation of moral absolutism ethics
- The Influence of Philosophy in the Roman Empire - A.W.
- A being is omnipotent if and only if it has every power that...
- What is the mind body problem? Provide details of some respo...
- Morality is the refuge of the weak. Discuss with reference t...
- The one true substance in the world it is God. How far do yo...
""John Plowright. Teacher. Repton School. Derbyshire.
""Simon. Politics and International Relations. University Student.