- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
The first 200 words of this essay...
It has only been in the most recent days that we have begun to experience the 'virtual' in our everyday lives. We hear of virtual libraries, virtual offices and even virtual villages and communities. The spread of the Internet and so-called cyberspace has enabled communications and human interactions that we could not even imagine years ago; instead of attending a meeting, people can now communicate via the Internet. However, this is not a case of virtual reality (Weckert & Adeney, 1997, pp. 129 - 131).
Virtual reality is a more total involvement with the computer-generated and computer-maintained environment. According to Pratt et al., virtual reality is:
"It is an application that lets users navigate and interact with a three-dimensional, computer-generated (and computer-maintained) environment in real time. This type of system has three major elements: interaction, 3D graphics, and immersion."
(Pratt et al., in Weckert & Adeney, 1997, p. 130)
In the future more of our senses will probably become involved, by donning special equipment linking you to a computer, you will be able to enter the world of virtual reality. Howard Rheingold (1991) spoke of a future involving a more
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Philosophy and Theology (view all)
- Explain as clearly as you can Isaiah Berlin's distinction be...
- Waiting for Godot - Meaningless of Life
- Critically evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of politica...
- "How effectively does Gittings challenge the view that ...
- The Romantic Movement
- The Influence of Philosophy in the Roman Empire - A.W.
- A being is omnipotent if and only if it has every power that...
- What is the mind body problem? Provide details of some respo...
- Morality is the refuge of the weak. Discuss with reference t...
- The one true substance in the world it is God. How far do yo...
""Waseem Hussain. Biology, Maths, Chemistry, ICT A Level Student.
""Asmaa, UAE. GCSE Student. Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Maths and English.