- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Why did the first Industrial Revolution take place in Britainand what were its main consequences?
The first 200 words of this essay...
Assignment 1: The Industrial Revolution
Why did the first Industrial Revolution take place in Britain and what were its main consequences?
The first Industrial Revolution took place between 1750 and 1830. During this period industrialization began in Britain in which many industries, such as cotton, iron, machinery, and transportation industries developed. The Industrial Revolution can be said to be, in terms of the national economy, a key turning point in history. This is due to the reasons the Industrial Revolution took place and its main consequences.
One explanation of why the Industrial Revolution took place is that Britain was a unique area in which to create an industry, with an established stance within the country; politically and economically. Due to this, Britain became one of the main countries to import and export goods.
Capitalists saw Britain's natural and agricultural advantages. This is why the Industrial Revolution began in Britain rather than any other European country, or any other country around the world. Another reason is due to capitalist greed. The ruling classes wanted efficiency and speed and through the inventions of machinery, items can be made quicker and be
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
1700-1799 (view all)
- Why did the Industrial Revolution Occur in Britain First?
- Was the industrial Revolution a good thing?
- Is the term 'Industrial Revolution' an accurate description ...
- Was the French revolution a Bourgeoisie revolution?
- The Industrial Revolution.
- From the available sources, what can we say about the roles ...
- 'Divergence or Convergence?' Were the British American colon...
- The belief among select authorities has been that the primar...
- To What Extent was Coal a Cause of the 18th Century Industri...
- Bridging Faith and Scripture through J.S. Bach cantatas. Ba...
""Lex Fawste. English, Biology, Physics, Maths, and Chemistry. A Level Student.
""Telim Dars. Chemistry, Physics and English Literature. A Level Student.