- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Adise on principles of Land Law
The first 200 words of this essay...
Advise Horace on the appropriate principles of property law in these two situations:
1. Horace has bought Hillview House (HH), because he likes the southerly views. The land to the south was sold by Horace's predecessor in title, Bertie, to Peregrine, a property developer. Peregrine proposes to build a six storey development of executive apartments, Pilemhi (P). Horace has told Peregrine he cannot do this because Horace has a right to the view. Peregrine laughed and ordered 8 million tons of bricks.
2. Horace's neighbour, Clarence, is a farmer who has purchased additional fields (AF) to the east of HH. Bertie permitted Clarence to cross the land of HH to reach the new fields. Clarence used many different ways across HH but they all end at a gate in the boundary fence of HH, through which Clarence reaches AF. Clarence built a tractor shed on his land close to the gate. He can only reach the shed by crossing the land of HH. Horace has put a padlock on the gate and told Clarence he may no longer cross HH's land.
The law of property is a complex and intricate topic which is subject to
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Land Law (view all)
- The enactment of the Land Registration Act 2002 offers an op...
- Lease/Licence Distinction
- The rules governing the creation of implied easements are in...
- 'The 'mirror' principle, the 'curtain' principle and the 'in...
- Co-ownership on Family Home
- Land law problem question - access
- Land Law Case. In advising Mary, it must be noted what right...
- Do changes to the adverse possession rules in the Land Regis...
- The Requirement for formalities detracts from the autonomy o...
- The system of land charges registration is a step in the wro...
""Oliver Baldesare. National Sports Diploma. BTEC Student.
""John Plowright. Teacher. Repton School. Derbyshire.