- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Alcohol, and its misuse, is the neglected issue in the Criminal Justice System - Discuss.
- Essay length: 3162 words
- Submitted: 19/06/2006
The first 200 words of this essay...
Alcohol, and its misuse, is the neglected issue in the Criminal Justice System. Discuss
When the issue of drugs are raised within any context people's thoughts immediately turn to mostly illegal drugs. Heroin, cocaine, cannabis are the words that spring to mind. Tobacco, caffeine and alcohol, the legal drugs are not at the forefront of people's minds. It is often thought that the criminal justice system is also guilty of neglecting the issue of legal drugs within society and the context of crime, in particular alcohol. This assignment will discuss the misuse of alcohol and the issue of its neglect within the Criminal Justice System.
It will discuss how alcohol is misused in relation to other drugs and how the public and society perceives the use of alcohol. It will briefly show the change in use over the years and the impact it can have on health. It will discuss the position of the government in relation to alcohol and how they are tackling the issues surrounding it. It will also discuss the role of the probation service and agencies in combating alcohol addiction and related crime.
There are numerous terms lobbied about when
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Criminal law (view all)
- "There is no statutory definition of intention in Engli...
- Criminal Law - Problem Question - Homicide
- The search of Arnold - Police stop and search powers.
- Chain of causation problem question. The given case is conc...
- Mens Rea. The different types of mens rea are those of inte...
- Compare the defence of provocation to the new defence of Los...
- Critically discuss the extent to which the defence of loss o...
- Legal Research. In brief, Keeler supplied class A Drugs to ...
- After Woollin, the law of Intention remains unclear, but non...
- This essay will analyze the importance of the rule against d...
""John Plowright. Teacher. Repton School. Derbyshire.
""Yoel Lax. Religious Studies. GCSE Student.