- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Company law - case study on setting up a business.
The first 200 words of this essay...
The setting up of a business involves the creation of a corporation. A corporation is an artificial legal person created by law and thus has rights and obligations which must be adhered to by law. There are two distinct types of corporation. In the case of David, Eleanor, Frank and Gina their corporation would be a 'corporation aggregate'. A corporation aggregate consists of a number of persons who, in law, form a single person, the single person would be DEFG (Boatcraft) Limited. Corporations aggregate can be further broken down into three different types of companies; chartered companies, statutory companies and registered companies.
DEFG would come under the category of registered companies and are formed under the relevant company legislation, currently the Companies Act 1985.
The four friends want their company to be a limited company and therefore their company would be a private company.
The promotion of a company is concerned with taking the steps necessary for incorporation. The promotion of small private company will normally, although not exclusively, be carried out by the owner or owners of the pre-incorporated business (www.godloves.co.uk).
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Commercial Law (view all)
- Company law - directors duties
- Company Law Assignment. I will identify the theory of a cor...
- Salomon v. A Salomon & Co. Ltd  AC 22 is the most ...
- DEBATE ON THE SCOPE, FORM AND CONTENT OF DIRECTORS DUTIES IN...
- Veil of Incorporation. Under the Companies Act 2006, the...
""Sabrina, Washington. IB English, History, Chemistry, Anthropology.
""Lex Fawste. English, Biology, Physics, Maths, and Chemistry. A Level Student.