- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Consumer protection - This case will require looking at each grievance individually and applying the law as best as possible to each part.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Dealing with this case will require looking at each grievance individually and applying the law as best as possible to each part. Firstly it must be established who the rights are for. It can be said the Avril purchased the camera with a view to giving it to Alan. Until recently that second category of person (the person receiving the gift), would have had a difficult time recovering compensation because they would have had no rights under the contract of sale and they would have had to prove that the manufacturer was negligent before they could get any compensation. This has now changed due to the passing of the Consumer Protection Act of 1987, which makes manufacturers strictly liable for defects in their products. In Donoghue v Stevenson  AC 562, a bottle of ginger beer was bought for another person. This bottle was found to contain a decomposed snail, which in turn made the person very ill. Lord Aktin stated that a manufacturer of product owes a duty to the ultimate consumer to take reasonable care in the preparation of the product to avoid causing foreseeable harm, therefore the House of Lords held that the manufacturer of the
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Contract Law (view all)
- Contract Law/Case study
- Contract Law
- UCTA problem
- Explain and comment on the doctrine of consideration contrac...
- Misrepresentation. There are three types of misrepresentatio...
- Offer and Acceptance Case. Advise Angus, Bruce and Colin wh...
- Contract Problem Question - Exclusion of Liability/ Exclusio...
- Questions on Offer and Acceptance.
- Intention to create legal relations
- Contract law - review of cases.
""Dean Hil. l Media, Business, ICT, History and Sciences. University Student.
""Chris Mckellar. Media Studies, IT, English. A Level Student.