- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Contract law - case study
Are you in the right place?
Jump to Contract Law and see how teachers think you should prepare in:
The first 200 words of this essay...
Mrs Jones' granddaughter, Paula, decides to buy her grandmother a fully guaranteed electric blanket made by Superwarm for her 70th birthday. Mrs Jones makes immediate use of the present and establishes a routine of switching it on prior to going to bed. The instructions stipulated that users were to put the blanket off prior to getting into bed, but on one particularly cold night some fortnight after receiving the blanket Mrs Jones ignored the instruction and fell asleep with the blanket to catch fire, and Mrs Jones suffered mild burns and the bed was damaged beyond repair. Smoke had also discoloured the decor of the room.
In the light of the case given, the case being discussed is concerning about the kind of contract law which is on civil law basis. According to Law for business (Keenan and Smith, 2003), the primary aim of the civil law is to compensate individuals who have been caused loss or injury by the wrongful act of other people. Therefore, above all, we need to consciously realize that all the scenarios we discussed later will be based on questions like: 'who to compensate?'; 'whether someone is
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Contract Law (view all)
- Introduction to Law - Contract
- The question raises the following legal issues; consideratio...
- "The common element [of the doctrines of both common mi...
- 1.0) Introduction
- Read the case of Baird Textile Holdings Ltd v. Marks & S...
- Offer and Acceptance Case. Advise Angus, Bruce and Colin wh...
- Contract Problem Question - Exclusion of Liability/ Exclusio...
- Questions on Offer and Acceptance.
- Intention to create legal relations
- Contract law - review of cases.
""Natalie. Criminology, Politics, Psychology and Economics. University Student.
""Nikolay. Business Studies. BTEC Student.