- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Contract Law - Non-Assessed Course Work.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Group 36 Ms Clare Johnston
LW 1021 Contract Law
Non-Assessed Course Work (Question 1)
It must be established, firstly, in the case as shown in the question, that there must be a contract between the two parties, namely the Salsa dance club and Robert and his wife Lucy since there is the observable fact of an agreement, sufficient consideration and the intention to create legal relations. Upon establishing the presence of the contract, the terms of the contract will then be considered. In this case, there is the presence of an exclusion clause within the contractual document which will be looked into in greater detail.
An exclusion clause is one which is used in many contracts to allow parties to allocate risk between them in order that they can plan and insure against those risks. Under the exclusion clause, one party is able to exclude liability for the breach of contract. Koffman and Macdonald identified 3 basic concepts to be considered when looking at exclusion clauses: the incorporation of clause into the contract, the construction of terms and the effect of legislation on the clause (Koffman and Macdonald, The Law of Contract
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Contract Law (view all)
- Misrepresentation. There are three types of misrepresentatio...
- UCTA problem
- A contract is a legally binding agreement between two partie...
- The Main Requirements of a Simple Legal Binding Contract - L...
- Law offer and acceptance: Is the advertisement an invitation...
- Offer and Acceptance Case. Advise Angus, Bruce and Colin wh...
- Contract Problem Question - Exclusion of Liability/ Exclusio...
- Questions on Offer and Acceptance.
- Intention to create legal relations
- Contract law - review of cases.
""Salma Ahmed. Law and English. GCSE Student.
""Waseem Hussain. Biology, Maths, Chemistry, ICT A Level Student.