- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
COPYRIGHTS FOR TELEVISION FORMATS
- Essay length: 4807 words
- Submitted: 22/12/2008
The first 200 words of this essay...
Level 3 LLB LAW
Student ID: 33165044
Word count: 4121
I certify that this is my own work. The work has not in whole or in part, been presented elsewhere for assessment. Where material has been used from other sources it has been properly acknowledged. If this statement is untrue I acknowledge that I will have committed an assessment offence. I also certify that I have taken a copy of this assignment, which I will retain until after the Board of Examiners has published results and which I will make available on request.
"Petersen J, giving judgement in 1916, determined that copyright was concerned with protecting the 'expression of thought' and not the 'originality of ideas'. Copyright does not require that an expression must be original - just that it is not copied from another work. This has led to a particular problem with television programme formats in United Kingdom law where there seems to be no protection in law of the basic idea in a format despite the fact that there is a growing business licensing these very format 'rights',
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Miscellaneous (view all)
- Company Law and Insolvency
- Company Law Essay Question on Section 172 of the Companies A...
- Research Methods. With reference to particular examples of p...
- How effective has the Computer Misuse Act 1990 been in the f...
- "A pupil(TM)s disciplinary exclusion from school amount...
- Aviation Law Case - Jack and the hiring of a light aircraft.
- Lessig argued that those who assume that cyberspace is by it...
- Harassment (bullying) is a major online issue and one which ...
- THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN LAW & JUSTICE: A PHILOSOPHICA...
- Private and Public Spheres. Should our autonomy be traded i...
""Zoey. University Student.
""John Plowright. Teacher. Repton School. Derbyshire.