- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Discussing the short story "Turned" by Charlotte Perkins Gilman.
Are you in the right place?
Jump to Law and see how teachers think you should prepare in:
The first 200 words of this essay...
In the short story "Turned" by Charlotte Perkins Gilman, the author use techniques that make the reader act sympathetically or unsympathetically towards the character and sometime the author will change the reader attitude towards the character for example someone might be good at the start of the story that make the reader to act sympathetically but then in the middle of the story the character become bad that will make the reader change their attitude toward the character to do this the writer uses the following techniques characterization, Plot, Narrative
In the start of the story the author position the reader to act sympathetically towards Gerta by telling how she feels, she was crying in her poor furnished room about something that we do not know yet and the writer position us to act to be more sympathy towards her because in Passage three Mrs. Marroner said, "I never saw anyone so docile, it is a perfection in a servant, but almost a defect in character. But then in passage 5 we know that Gerta is pregnant and we know that the father of the baby is Mr. Marroner that makes us to act un sympathetically
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Jurisprudence (view all)
- Ronald Dworkin and his interpretation of natural law and pos...
- Beneficial joint tenants and the protection of purchasers: A...
- Assess the relative importance of Martin Luther King, the Fe...
- Asylum Seekers and Refugees
- Explain and illustrate the importance of human rights.
- This essay will look at what is meant by the Common Sense of...
- In this essay I am going to discuss Lord Woolfs statement in...
- Jurisprudence - Conjoined Twins - Evaluate the contention th...
- Offences Against the Person. Case note regarding R. v Brown ...
- The death penalty is an effective punishment for the worst c...
""Asmaa, UAE. GCSE Student. Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Maths and English.
""Dean Hil. l Media, Business, ICT, History and Sciences. University Student.