- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Discussing the statement, It is thought that the value of damages for a breach of a duty in tort and a breach of contract should be similar.
The first 200 words of this essay...
In discussing the statement, "It is thought that the value of damages for a breach of a duty in tort and a breach of contract should be similar.", it would be prudent to look at the obligations of the different parties under the two forms of law, to decide the validity of the statement. Due to the nature of law and the importance of making correct and reasonable judgements, there are always going to be decisions, rulings and judgements that will not satisfy all parties. In order to justify these decisions, the ruling party has to possess not only a thorough understanding of the law but also the full circumstances surrounding the actions brought by the plaintiff and also knowledge of any relevant cases brought beforehand which may set a binding precedence. It is therefore, bearing these last two points in mind, that no two cases where damages are seeking to be awarded are the same, whether it is under contract law or tort.
Damages are said to be,
"A sum of money awarded by a court as compensation for a tort or a breach of contract." A Dictionary of Law, Oxford University
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Contract Law (view all)
- UCTA problem
- law Sale of Goods Act
- Contract Law/Case study
- Law of Contract
- Contract Law Assignment - Problem Question.
- Offer and Acceptance Case. Advise Angus, Bruce and Colin wh...
- Contract Problem Question - Exclusion of Liability/ Exclusio...
- Questions on Offer and Acceptance.
- Intention to create legal relations
- Contract law - review of cases.
""Waseem Hussain. Biology, Maths, Chemistry, ICT A Level Student.
""M Singh. English. A Level Student.