- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Exclusion Clauses and the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977 case question.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Zero Plc is a large company specialising in the sale and supply of office equipment. Heather is the owner of a small estate agency company called Cellsoon Ltd. In the past, Heather has purchased a number of items of office equipment for her company from Zero Plc.
Zero Plc regularly sends copies of its promotional literature to Cellsoon Ltd detailing the range of products which it offers and the different purchase options provided. Zero Plc provides five different purchase options which vary in price depending upon the amount of after-sales service provided and the extent of the liability accepted by the company. The company's literature also states that "Full details of our terms and conditions can be obtained by written request to our Head Office".
One day, Heather's office telephone switchboard broke down. Heather urgently needed a replacement and so telephoned Zero Plc. Heather orally agreed to purchase a suitable "low cost" office switchboard machine for Cellsoon Ltd with no after-sales service being provided by Zero Plc. A copy of the printed terms and conditions was subsequently delivered with the machine. Heather noticed a clause in these terms and conditions which stated:
"The liability of the
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Contract Law (view all)
- Contract Law/Case study
- Misrepresentation. There are three types of misrepresentatio...
- UCTA problem
- Contract Law
- the issue at hand between Williams and Roffey Bros contracto...
- Offer and Acceptance Case. Advise Angus, Bruce and Colin wh...
- Contract Problem Question - Exclusion of Liability/ Exclusio...
- Questions on Offer and Acceptance.
- Intention to create legal relations
- Contract law - review of cases.
""Ruth, British Virgin Islands. University Student. Constitutional and Administrative Law.
""Oliver Baldesare. National Sports Diploma. BTEC Student.