- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
International Human Rights Laws - North Korea.
- Essay length: 10819 words
- Submitted: 19/06/2006
The first 200 words of this essay...
In the eyes of many, North Korea has various human rights problems. The largest issue that the North Korean people face is the shortage of food. Many North Koreans starve each year due to this shortage. This issue causes many people to flee to other countries in search of food or better living conditions. This is the second human rights problem area in North Korea: the problem of refugees and human trafficking. Finally, and inextricably related to the first two problems, are the prison camps in North Korea. Initially, this paper will address the relevant international human rights laws. Next, the social and political background of North Korea, including the government regime and political leader, General Secretary Kim Jong Il will be discussed. The most relevant North Korean laws will be evaluated throughout the paper where most relevant, rather than in one section, to show for what reasons citizens may be imprisoned and the punishment they face for fleeing, or even attempting to flee, North Korea. Next, the problems of food shortages, refugees and human trafficking will be discussed. A detailed description of the prison camps and inhumane treatment and torture of the prisoners will follow. These
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Other Jurisdictions (view all)
- There are four elements to a crime, a law, an offender, a ta...
- Arrest under CrPC, India. To make sure that the power to ar...
- POLICE AND HUMAN RIGHTS: This project aims to look into the ...
- There is a fundamental difference between Constitutional sup...
- What skills and knowledge would you use in conducting interv...
""Gemma Haysman. Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Maths. GCSE Student.
""Telim Dars. Chemistry, Physics and English Literature. A Level Student.