- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Introduction to Law - Contract
The first 200 words of this essay...
Bsc Construction Management
Introduction to Law - Assignment 1
Module Code: F102LAW - 74%
Primary legislation, delegated legislation, judicial precedent and European Regulations and Directives are all forms of UK law.
a. Explain briefly how each of these forms of law is made.
b. Discuss the relationship of each form of law with the others.
Public, private, private members and hybrid bills are all forms of what eventually becomes primary legislation - also referred to as an Act of Parliament. Like many proposed laws and law changes primary legislation starts life as a white paper, this is a statement of policy from the government. These white papers are often subject to scrutiny in the House of Commons before being introduced as a bill at the first reading. Once the bill has been introduced it will pass through both the House of Commons and the House of Lords for consideration. At the second reading it is open to debate but cannot be amended. If the bill is passed at this stage it then moves through a number of committees in the House of Commons - whole house, standing and select committee. At
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Contract Law (view all)
- The Sale of Goods Act.
- Evaluate part 2B of the fair trading act 1999
- This paper will outline the provisions and objects of the Co...
- The purpose of this report is to examine the amendments made...
- Law of Contract
- Offer and Acceptance Case. Advise Angus, Bruce and Colin wh...
- Contract Problem Question - Exclusion of Liability/ Exclusio...
- Questions on Offer and Acceptance.
- Intention to create legal relations
- Contract law - review of cases.
""Nikolay. Business Studies. BTEC Student.
""Simon. Politics and International Relations. University Student.