- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Issues in criminal justice
The first 200 words of this essay...
Issues in Criminal Justice
Law Assignment 2
Denzil has been charged with the murder of Phoebe, aged 17. His defence will be one of complete denial. When interviewed by the police, Denzil admitted the offence; but he now insists that he did so only because the police pretended to have found DNA evidence linking him to the crime. They had no such evidence.
Glass fragments from a window broken at the scene of the crime have been compared with minute glass fragments found embedded in Denzil's clothing. According to a report prepared by Dr Holmes, a forensic scientist who will be called to testify for the prosecution, the chemical composition and refractive index of glass fragments taken from the crime scene exactly match that of the fragments recovered from Denzil's clothing. She added that only two percent of all glass used in the UK would match the glass from the crime scene, and concludes that the fragments found on Denzil's clothing "must beyond reasonable doubt have got there when he broke the window as he killed the deceased".
Denzil's wife and mother could each give evidence supporting the prosecution case; but they are reluctant to
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Criminal law (view all)
- Criminal Law - Problem Question - Homicide
- Problem questions PACE act Section 24 and 24a
- Case Studies on Lawful Arrest
- The way in which the concept of appropriation under the Thef...
- At common law, the prosecution were generally prohibited fro...
- Compare the defence of provocation to the new defence of Los...
- Critically discuss the extent to which the defence of loss o...
- Legal Research. In brief, Keeler supplied class A Drugs to ...
- After Woollin, the law of Intention remains unclear, but non...
- This essay will analyze the importance of the rule against d...
""Ruth, British Virgin Islands. University Student. Constitutional and Administrative Law.
""Yvette Agars. Senior History Teacher. Saint John's College. Whyalla S.A.