- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Primary Equations Used in 1st Law Analysis.
- Essay length: 3560 words
- Submitted: 19/06/2006
The first 200 words of this essay...
Primary Equations Used in 1st Law Analysis
* First Law of Thermo for a closed system
* Ideal Gas Law:
P·V = m·R·T
* Universal Gas Constant:
? = 8.314 kPa m3/kgmol K
R = ?/MW
* Heat Transfer
o Conduction (Fourier Biot Law)
Q = k·A·?T/L
o Convection (Newton's Law of Cooling)
Q = h·A·(Tsurface-Tfluid)
Q = ?·?·A·(T4 - Tsur4)
Stefan Boltzman Constant:
? = 5.67x10-8 W/m2·K4
E = U + PE + KE + .......
o Internal Energy
u = u (T,P)
u = u (T)
o Potential Energy
PE = m·g·z
o Kinetic Energy
KE = 1/2·m·?2
h = u + Pv
* Specific Heat
o Constant Volume Specific Heat
Cv = ?u/?T|V
Cv = du/dT
o Constant Pressure Specific Heat
CP = ?h/?T|P
CP = dh/dT
o Specific Heat Relationships
CP = CV + R
k = CP/CV
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
English Legal System (view all)
- Critically analyse the effectiveness of lay people and compa...
- Statutory Interpretation and the Human Rights Act 1998
- Statutory interpretation methods
- Law of Self-Defence
- "Common Law and Civil Law"
- In Wades analysis, what are the arguments in favour of each ...
- English legal history - anti-slavery and the case Gregson v ...
- Identify the most significant roles performed by the trial j...
- The Governments consultation paper on the reform of Legal Ai...
- Since deciding whether or not someone has committed a crimin...
""Joanne Barratt. Nursing. University Student.
""Telim Dars. Chemistry, Physics and English Literature. A Level Student.