- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Principals of Law.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Principals of Law Coursework
Introduction Brief Definitions
Task 1- What Remedies does Mary have Against Tom
Task 2- Spartacus Graduates with 1st class honours. Is Sir Harry Bound in contract to pay Spartacus?
Task 2- Suppose Sir Harry had said "If you buy a suitable boat and trailer I will reward you with £1000". Is Sir Harry Bound in Contract to Spartacus?
Cases- List of cases used.
Bibliography- List of material used
Mozley and Whitleys Law Dictionary1 states a contract to be, "An agreement between competent persons, upon legal consideration, to do or abstain from doing some act."
For the purpose of this essay we will look at the classical contract model. This consists of three essential members:-
1) Agreement- to do something in return for a promise.
2) Consideration- exchange of something of value (but not necessarily of equal value)
3) Intension to be bound- to make a binding agreement, enforceable in law.
Although they make up the essential members other requirements must be met. These include compliance with Common Law and Statute (e.g. Unfair Contract
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Contract Law (view all)
- Contract Law/Case study
- Misrepresentation. There are three types of misrepresentatio...
- UCTA problem
- Misrepresentation and Breach of Contract
- "The current law of duress and undue influence is so un...
- Offer and Acceptance Case. Advise Angus, Bruce and Colin wh...
- Contract Problem Question - Exclusion of Liability/ Exclusio...
- Questions on Offer and Acceptance.
- Intention to create legal relations
- Contract law - review of cases.
""Jacqueline. Modern Studies and English. GCSE Student
""George Boustred English, Maths, Science, Resistant Materials, History, Music. GCSE Student