- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
PROBLEM Consider the problems of causation involved in the following circumstances. Robinson, convinced of his wife's infidelity, decides to kill three of her supposed lovers, X, Y and Z.
Not what you were searching for?
The first 200 words of this essay...
Consider the problems of causation involved in the following circumstances. Robinson, convinced of his wife's infidelity, decides to kill three of her supposed lovers, X, Y and Z. Robinson persuades X to take a train to London because he has hired Hitman, a professional assassin, to kill X on arrival. The train crashes en route, killing several passengers, X among them. Meanwhile, Hitman is having troubles of his own. His presence at the railway station has attracted the attention of the police to whom he is well known. Two officers approach him. He strikes one, knocking him onto the railway line and stunning him. Hitman then runs to a nearby car, pulls the driver out and, in order to effect his escape, drives it deliberately at and over the second officer. The first officer dies from injuries sustained by being struck by a train and the second officer dies one year later in hospital having refused a blood transfusion. The driver of the car stolen by Hitman fares little better; he suffers a heart attack, and, despite skilful medical attention, ultimately dies. Robinson administers poison to Y, believing and intending the dose to be fatal. In fact the
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Criminal law (view all)
- Sexual offences Act
- Criminal Law - A Miscarriage of Justice.
- Critically evaluate the way rape cases involving intoxicated...
- "There is no statutory definition of intention in Engli...
- The Crown Prosecution Service (CPS).
- Compare the defence of provocation to the new defence of Los...
- Critically discuss the extent to which the defence of loss o...
- Legal Research. In brief, Keeler supplied class A Drugs to ...
- After Woollin, the law of Intention remains unclear, but non...
- This essay will analyze the importance of the rule against d...
""Yvette Agars. Senior History Teacher. Saint John's College. Whyalla S.A.
""Yoel Lax. Religious Studies. GCSE Student.