- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
'Re Baden's Deed Trusts (No.2)  Ch. 9'
Are you in the right place?
Jump to Law and see how teachers think you should prepare in:
The first 200 words of this essay...
Case note: 'Re Baden's Deed Trusts (No.2)  Ch. 9'
> 'The Court of Appeal'
> Sachs, Megaw and Stamp LJJ
What are the relevant facts?
> 1941 - Bertram Baden (Settlor), Chairman and Managing Director of Matthew Hall & Co Ltd, established trust fund of 5,000 shares in the company for officers and employees of the company.
> Clause 9(a) of the deed directed his trustees to:
> "Apply the net income of the fund in making at their absolute discretion grants to or for the benefit of any of the officers and employees or ex-officers or ex-employees of the company or to any relatives or dependants of any such persons in such amounts at such times and on such conditions (if any) as they think fit..."
> 1943 - Settlor transferred a further 5,000 shares to the trustees and other shares were added later.
> 1960 - Settlor dies.
> 1962 - Executors told that trusts were void for uncertainty and claimed payment of the fund to his estate.
> 1963 - The trustees (Edwin Baden, Peter Duke Doulton, Sidney
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Equity & Trust Law (view all)
- Charitable trusts, what gives them charitable status?
- Equity Exam Notes
- The law of formalities is really a series of ad hoc response...
- The resulting trust is a form of trust imposed by the courts...
- Trust law
""Simon. Politics and International Relations. University Student.
""Gemma Haysman. Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Maths. GCSE Student.