- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Salomon v. A Salomon & Co. Ltd  AC 22 is the most important decision ever made by the English courts in Relation to company law.
Are you in the right place?
Jump to Law and see how teachers think you should prepare in:
The first 200 words of this essay...
Name: JI KE Department: International Finance College
Beijing Normal University
Faculty of Business, School of Law
Lecturer: Mr. John Tribe, Kingston University
Commercial Law Assignment Due Date: Dec 10
A: Salomon v. A Salomon & Co. Ltd  AC 22 is the most important decision ever made by the English courts in Relation to company law.
The fundamental concept to become familiar with when commencing a business is the idea that the business has a legal personality in its own right, particularly when it assumes the form of a Close Corporation, or a Limited Liability Company. This essentially means that if one commences business as a Close Corporation, or as a Limited Liability Company, then the Corporation or Company is a legal entity with distinct legal personality separate to that of the owners, members, or shareholders.(2)
As a separate entity, the company is distinct from the directors, employees and shareholders. And the distinction has been rightly insisted by the law that it should be duly observed: Lee v Lee's Air Farming Ltd  AC 12. "In particular the company does
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Commercial Law (view all)
- Company law - directors duties
- Company Law Assignment. I will identify the theory of a cor...
- Company Law, s.33 CA '06
- DEBATE ON THE SCOPE, FORM AND CONTENT OF DIRECTORS DUTIES IN...
- Veil of Incorporation. Under the Companies Act 2006, the...
""Salma Ahmed. Law and English. GCSE Student.
""Jackie Shanahan. Maths. A Level Student.