- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
The "Bell-Magendie law". Bell wrote a book called "An Idea of a New Anatomy of the Brain." In his book he focused on the brain and the cerebellum where he described the double roots of the spinal nerves along with their functions
The first 200 words of this essay...
The "Bell-Magendie Law" is so maned because it was discovered at the same time by two independent scientists. They were Charles Bell and Francois Magendie. Charles Bell was an expert surgeon and founder to what we now know as the "neurosciences". His perceptive observations resulted in, among many other findings, the "Bell-Magendie law". Bell wrote a book called "An Idea of a New Anatomy of the Brain." In his book he focused on the brain and the cerebellum where he described the double roots of the spinal nerves along with their functions (Wikipedia, 2006). Magendie confirmed and elaborated on Bells function and stated that the anterior roots of the spinal nerves are motor function while the posterior roots serve to communicate sensory impulses (Wikipedia, 2006).
Charles Bell's work of 1811 contains the first reference to experimental work on the motor functions the ventral spinal nerve without, establishing the sensory functions of the dorsal roots. Charles Bell, was born in Edinburgh, he was an anatomist and a surgeon. Charles Bell was one of three sons of a minister of the Church
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
English Legal System (view all)
- "European Community Legislation is drafted in a way tha...
- 'Discuss the factors that affect jury decision making'.
- In what senses is devolution asymmetric? Is this sustainable...
- Parliamentary sovereignty
- H.L.A. Hart's Correction of John Austin
- In Wades analysis, what are the arguments in favour of each ...
- English legal history - anti-slavery and the case Gregson v ...
- Identify the most significant roles performed by the trial j...
- The Governments consultation paper on the reform of Legal Ai...
- Since deciding whether or not someone has committed a crimin...
""Telim Dars. Chemistry, Physics and English Literature. A Level Student.
""George Boustred English, Maths, Science, Resistant Materials, History, Music. GCSE Student