- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
The Effects on Children In Same Sex Marriages.
The first 200 words of this essay...
The Effects on Children
In Same Sex Marriages
Until recently, when questioned for a definition of family, one would respond that a family is a man and a woman living together with their children, or something to such an effect. However, this definition does not hold in today's society. The definition of family has come to represent many different forms, most especially because of the rise in same-sex marriages with children. Continued growth in social acceptance of such families has wiped out the rigid lines once placed around the term family. Legally, same-sex marriages are gaining rights once reserved only for heterosexual families. Nevertheless, there are some who question the effect of having homosexual parents can have on a child. This paper will examine several aspects of development in children from same-sex families in comparison to those raised in heterosexual families.
Legally, same-sex couples have overcome many barriers throughout the world. In Quebec, considered to be one of the most liberal in the world concerning homosexual rights, civil unions between same sex couples are legally allowed. As well, homosexual couples have legal rights in adoption and fertility matters. Whereas before when birth certificates allowed only
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Family Law (view all)
- How wide is the term injunction, and why are they granted?
- Research Proposal. This proposal will look at the various ri...
- Briefly explain the key differences between the three types ...
- Who has parental responsibility & what is the significan...
- Treatment of same-sex marriages in the UK
""John Plowright. Teacher. Repton School. Derbyshire.
""Nikolay. Business Studies. BTEC Student.