- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
The given quotation immediately summons in my mind the picture of a suspect on the street or at the police station or ana ccused before a court, whether he will be treated equally by the neutral legal factors, if he is a member of the black community. ...
The first 200 words of this essay...
ANSWER TO THE Q: NO: 2
The given quotation immediately summons in my mind the picture of a suspect on the street or at the police station or an accused before a court, whether he will be treated equally by the neutral legal factors, if he is a member of the black community. It was examined and expressed for a number of years by various researchers in this field that black people are more likely to become entangled with the web of criminal justice than white people1. In order to discuss, the quotation will be divided into two parts. First, it will be examined, whether the evidences show that law enforcement really targets black people. In the second part, it will be considered whether such targeting has happened because of bias or impartial application of criteria that work to the disadvantage of black people
TARGETING THE BLACK PEOPLE
There was a considerable body of research on race and criminal justice, which suggested that the police do target some ethnic minority groups and that this may have the effect of drawing them in through the 'gates' of the criminal justice system disproportionately either to
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Criminal law (view all)
- Are jurors rational and impartial decision makers? What are ...
- Criminal Law - Problem Question - Homicide
- Cultural Diversity: Racial Disparity in theApplication of th...
- Derek Bentley - "A victim of British justice?"
- The Concept of Impossibility In Inchoate Offences.
- Compare the defence of provocation to the new defence of Los...
- Critically discuss the extent to which the defence of loss o...
- Legal Research. In brief, Keeler supplied class A Drugs to ...
- After Woollin, the law of Intention remains unclear, but non...
- This essay will analyze the importance of the rule against d...
""Chris Mckellar. Media Studies, IT, English. A Level Student.
""Oliver Baldesare. National Sports Diploma. BTEC Student.