- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
There are five main legal systems in the world
The first 200 words of this essay...
There are five main legal systems in the world. They are: Civil law legal system, Common law legal system, Customary law system, Muslim law legal system and Mixed systems. Civil law legal system and common law legal system are the most important legal systems in the world, which effect on the all legal systems in the world for a very long time and have been adopt by the most countries. Civil law distinguished form common law is that Civil law is based on written legal codes, a characteristic of the Roman legal system, in which disputes were settled by reference to a written legal code arrived at through legislation, edicts, and the like. However, common law is based on the precedents created by judicial decision over time.
"Civil law legal system is based on Roman law, especially the corpus Juris Civilis of emperor Justinian, as late developed through the Middle Ages by medieval legal scholars. The most authoritative modern source is Karl Eduard Zacharie." Civil law legal system is commonly used in continental Europe, which is also used in Quebec (Canada), Louisiana (USA), Japan, China, Latin America, and most former colonies of continental European countries. One of
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
English Legal System (view all)
- To what extent can it be argued that 'youth crime' is a soci...
- Explain the role of juries in criminal and civil cases
- What is the doctrine of judicial precedent? Must judges in a...
- Describe the role of the Crown prosecution service.
- Explain how the doctrine of precedents operates through the ...
- Principles of UK constitution + express & implied repeal
- In Wades analysis, what are the arguments in favour of each ...
- English legal history - anti-slavery and the case Gregson v ...
- Identify the most significant roles performed by the trial j...
- The Governments consultation paper on the reform of Legal Ai...
""Telim Dars. Chemistry, Physics and English Literature. A Level Student.
""Lex Fawste. English, Biology, Physics, Maths, and Chemistry. A Level Student.