- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
There are many advantages and disadvantages to law making in parliament; however the advantages outweigh the disadvantages.
Are you in the right place?
Jump to Law and see how teachers think you should prepare in:
The first 200 words of this essay...
(a) - An Act of Parliament is any law debated and passed by parliament, this is also known as legislation and statutes. Example legislation is the Adoption Act 1976.
(b) - Delegated Legislation is when another body or person creates law under the authority which has been passed to them, through the enabling act of Parliament. An example is as follows, The Working Time Regulations 1998 (SI 1998/1833)
(c) - Within the UK Court structure the Supreme Court is the UK's highest court of appeal. The court of appeal and high court submit their cases for appeal to the Supreme Court, generally of significant importance, either public or deep seated. All decisions made by the Supreme Court are binding on all lower courts in the hierarchy.
(d) - The Golden rule is an approach of statutory interpretation which every judge can use when overseeing any case. The Golden rule is an adaption to the literal rule (which looks at the statue word for word) and is used to avoid any ludicrous result that the Literal rule may cause. An example of the Golden Rule being used in a
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
English Legal System (view all)
- Explain the development of equity. Describe and comment on t...
- 'The Land Registration Act 2002 makes a poor attempt at refo...
- What is the doctrine of precedent
- The debate of whether there is the continued need for separa...
- In Thorner v- Major, the House of Lords confirmed that a cla...
- Whilst many people define the English legal System by their ...
- Principles of UK constitution + express & implied repeal
- In Wades analysis, what are the arguments in favour of each ...
- English legal history - anti-slavery and the case Gregson v ...
- Identify the most significant roles performed by the trial j...
""Telim Dars. Chemistry, Physics and English Literature. A Level Student.
""Zoey. University Student.