- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
This report addresses the issues related to the contract offered by the mass-merchandise department store.
The first 200 words of this essay...
This report addresses the issues related to the contract offered by the mass-merchandise department store. The following recommendation is offered:
Do not pursue the contract with the department store chain.
EFFECTS ON BUSINESS
Contracting with the department store chain will have several negative effects on the nature of the business. The core competency that has been established since the beginning will now change. The buyers will no longer use their knowledge and expertise to find genuine artifacts. Instead they must develop negotiation skills to deal with mass merchandising of replicas. Delivery, pricing, and quality will all have to be confronted. Tripling replica production means increasing the search for artisans with quality re-creations. This will change the scope of the business from procurement of artifacts to manufacturing of replicas. Because employees will not be able to use their area of expertise, quitting will become an issue. The distinctive competency will not be used in the replica business and therefore the contract should not be pursued.
EFFECTS ON CONSUMERS/MARKET
Collectors of artifacts take pride in their knowledge and interest of authentic creations. If the contract were pursued, it is possible that a collector
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Contract Law (view all)
- Contract Law/Case study
- Misrepresentation. There are three types of misrepresentatio...
- UCTA problem
- Contract Law
- Consideration - "There is no real agreement about the t...
- Offer and Acceptance Case. Advise Angus, Bruce and Colin wh...
- Contract Problem Question - Exclusion of Liability/ Exclusio...
- Questions on Offer and Acceptance.
- Intention to create legal relations
- Contract law - review of cases.
""Dean Hil. l Media, Business, ICT, History and Sciences. University Student.
""Oliver Baldesare. National Sports Diploma. BTEC Student.