- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
What protection the law provides for a seller where a buyer becomes insolvent.
The first 200 words of this essay...
LA31710 Commercial Law 1 Assessed Essay
Student No 001813779
S Co wishes to sell widgets to B Co. B Co uses widgets in its manufacturing process and also sometimes, itself, sells widgets. S Co is concerned that it will have to make the sale to B Co on credit and that B Co's financial position is not very strong. S Co has been advised that it can protect itself from B Co becoming insolvent before it pays for the widgets by means of a retention of title clause provided that it requires B to store the widgets it, S Co, supplies separately from those from other sources.
Advise S Co as to the extent to which that advice is sound.
This essay is concerned with what protection the law provides for a seller where a buyer becomes insolvent. It is section 19 (1) of the Sales of Goods Act 1979 that lays a varied foundation for protection for the buyer by means of fulfilling certain obligations. In sum it provides that if there is a contract for the sale of either specific goods or goods that are subsequently appropriated to the contract the property in
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Contract Law (view all)
- The Main Requirements of a Simple Legal Binding Contract - L...
- Exclusion Clauses and the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977 cas...
- Analyse the elements required for the formation of a valid c...
- Law offer and acceptance: Is the advertisement an invitation...
- UCTA problem
- Offer and Acceptance Case. Advise Angus, Bruce and Colin wh...
- Contract Problem Question - Exclusion of Liability/ Exclusio...
- Questions on Offer and Acceptance.
- Intention to create legal relations
- Contract law - review of cases.
""Oliver Baldesare. National Sports Diploma. BTEC Student.
""George Boustred English, Maths, Science, Resistant Materials, History, Music. GCSE Student